Sunday, December 07, 2008

Music is well said to be the speech of angels.


Quoting Thomas Carlyle.

I cannot imagine life without music. I know for sure that there is music in heaven - so much of music is heavenly in nature.

My taste in music is all over the place. I love a good song from the Cure. The haunting sounds of Adagio for Strings sends shivers throughout my soul. I like blues and rock. Broadway and big band. The Beatles and Maroon 5. Yo Yo Ma's cello is one of the most beautiful sounds on earth. Classical, Celtic, alternative, Christmas, even country. There are songs in almost every genre that reach the very depths of my being. Music can touch me and move me like nothing else. My heart practically beats right out of my chest listening to the sound track from The Mission.

I love that my children are musical. I am sad that Matthew chose to end his violin playing, but I keep encouraging McKelle with her flute and Micah with his percussion/drums. I hope one of the younger children chooses to play the cello. That would definitely make my day!

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." Victor Hugo

1 comments:

Voila! said...

I always enjoyed listening to you sing at church. I'm sure your kids have some of your marvelous musical talent. Like you, we are struggling to keep our teenage boy interested in playing his music. Why is it that they want to give it up now only to regret it later on? I guess hindsight is always 20/20.