Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Almost St. Patty's Day!

Do you celebrate? I don't remember doing so as a child, except for the yearly trip to McDonalds for Shamrock Shakes (and what's up with McD's shakes?? Not thick like they used to be...) We moved to Philadelphia when Matthew was two and McKelle was not quite one, we were introduced to all things green and leprechaun-ish by my sweet friend Janet. Leprechaun traps, hidden gold, glitter trails throughout the house and of course, leprechaun mischief. Green milk, green toilet water, little messes here and there. The kids LOVE it, even the bigs.

And me, well any excuse to decorate and make fun food is a good thing!


Many thanks to Matthew, his girlfriend Julia and her mom for going back to Hobby Lobby for me (it's an hour away) when I realized I had purchased two Ks and no U. I blame it on the prednisone. Or the chemo. Definitely NOT old age yet...


I saw something like this on a very small thumbnail for a link-up party and decided I wanted to make one. I pinned it and then collected my buttons. When I went back, I realized it was a free printable! All that sorting...


I kinda like the 3-D effect of the clouds and real buttons.



Burlap is just lovely. I just wish it didn't leave little hairs all over my pants and my table and the floor. I made a couple of rosettes for my glass candle holders. I would link to the tutorial I used, but I can't find the specific one - just google - they're all over, including you tube videos. 


I pinned a lovely Valentine's Day bouquet from Rebecca Cooper's blog but never got around to making it in February. I noticed it again last week on my Pinterest board and thought hearts would make some very cute shamrocks. I used felt, some old dictionary pages and cardstock covered in washi tape.




Can't wait for our green and rainbow dinner on Thursday!







10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it all, but that canvas is BRILLIANT. Our celebration is simple, one box of Lucky Charms to be consumed at breakfast and then done! When I lived in Buffalo it was all about the green beer :) Funny how things change over time!

lori said...

everything looks adorable....love it!!

Anonymous said...

your decorating is always fabulous and festive :)

Briana Johnson said...

Fun post! We don't do much for St. Patrick's but since my son is 5 this year I think it's a good time to start and i like all those ideas you listed. I like your buttons in 3D better too. LOVE those burlap roses. I must try that.

Allison Waken said...

Oh my how cute are all your decorations! I'm laughing that you found all those buttons only to find it was a printable - totally something I would do! Love the real buttons and 3d clouds though :)

Maria said...

your decor items are too dang cute!

Katelynn B said...

I love your St Patrick's decorating ideas. I used to Irish dance, so I LOVE the holiday but needed some inspiration on how to decorate, so thank you!!!

lisa truesdell said...

beautiful decor! your real button rainbow = way cooler than the printable!

Jessica said...

What a simple yet fun project & a great decoration too! I love your green ideas. I need to incorporate this into my week!!!!

Gioconda said...

I love everything you did. I'll have to save those ideas for next year.